History

Established in 1950, Gregg Park Civic Center has served the recreational needs of the Graniteville, Warrenville, and Vaucluse communities for over 60 years.

Located on a scenic 55 acre tract of land off Trolley Line Road in Graniteville, SC, Gregg Park offers many programs and activities in a beautiful, clean, and safe environment.

The Civic Center is owned, operated and funded by the Gregg-Graniteville Foundation, Inc. Since its creation, the facilities have continuously been expanded and improved to offer quality recreational service for the community.

The R. P. Timmerman building, constructed in 1980, houses modern fully equipped exercise and weight rooms, men and women's locker rooms equipped with saunas, two indoor racquetball courts, game room, T.V. lounge, meeting rooms, and a full size gymnasium.

Other facilities include the Chester Cromwell Activity Building which contains meeting rooms as well as a large (40X80) room with adjoining kitchen. This area can be rented for family reunions, wedding receptions, class reunions or other special events.

Outside facilities include athletic fields for softball and baseball, four lighted tennis courts, ½ mile lighted walking track, playground and covered picnic shelters.